!! HEARTY WELCOME !!

'OUR JOURNEY IN BECOMING GOOD EDUCATORS'
“A good teacher makes you think even when you don’t want to.”

- Fisher, 1998, Teaching Thinking


Friday, December 5, 2008

My Philosophy of School

By C. Radhakrishnan

“People don’t care how much we know until they know how much we care.” --Author Unknown

Many years ago, I read this quote and it became a guiding principle for me as an educator. In other words, I believe educators must see and care about the child before we view the child as a student. Once a caring, nurturing relationship between teacher and child is established, we can begin our primary function to continue the education of each precious child into a capable, responsible, caring young person.

Parents are the child’s first and continuing teacher. It is our responsibility, as educators, to work closely with parents to build a trusting, cooperative, collaborative relationship so that, together, we can nurture each child towards his or her intellectual, emotional, and physical potential.

Developing a positive school climate will be created by all the interactions each of us have with one another. It will be important for us to build a cohesive sense of community, especially with all students, parents and staff coming from different backgrounds. Regardless of the religion, caste, economic and social background of the students, I hope that all members of the School community will view themselves as Helpers of one another, an attitude that permeates all actions and achievements.

Teaching is a noble profession that requires perseverance and a love of young people. My decision to become an educator was not a difficult one. I have always known that I wanted to be involved with children. Being an educator requires an assortment of qualifications. Knowledge and professionalism are essential in order to successfully teach young adolescents. The qualities of love, patience and understanding are also especially important when working with youth. Teachers are expected to and should be well adapted to working in a team-based environment. Therefore, I believe those in the education field should possess patience, emotional stability, tact and good communication skills. It is the job of many to provide a healthy educational and social network for students within the school system.

Giving a nurturing, safe and secure learning environment – to help children learn, should be the primary function of an ideal school. I believe school is children’s work which they should undertake with interest, enthusiasm, motivation and pleasure.

Children are our greatest natural resource. I take my educational responsibility to the children of my School very seriously. I strongly believe that schools must take a pledge, Our School, along with an outstanding educational leader and instructional staff, will provide caring support, instructional expertise and dedicated commitment to nurture and educate the children entrusted to our care.

In closing, let me say how excited I am to present my philosophy of school. For last sixteen years, I have been in the educational sector at various levels. My principal and colleagues encouraged and motivated me to become an educator of a new generation school, which believes in the idea of school as a ‘centre of joyful learning’. Personally, I am very excited about my own dream coming true. In my endeavours as a potential educator, I will draw upon all that I have learned and will employ my knowledge to the best of my ability. I will use my philosophy of education, which encompasses my values and beliefs, to further my professionalism and efficacy as one of the best educator at your school. Let’s join together, as a team, to make the School the very best.
‘Together - Everyone - Achieves – More’